Learn how to issue and apply customer credit.
Creating the Credit
Follow these steps.
- Select Selling > Invoices.
2. Using the invoice Search feature to locate the customer invoice that needs a credit. For example, by searching on a customer's name, you can bring up all of his or her invoices, whether outstanding, paid, or in need of credit.
3. Select Edit on the invoice with the negative balance, which indicates an overpayment.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the invoice and select Issue Credit.
5. Select the Payment Method, verify the Amount and select Save Credit.
Applying a Credit
- Select View or Edit on the invoice that will have the credit applied.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the invoice and select Apply Credit from Account.
3. Choose the credit and select Submit.