Offering a discount off the entire invoice is a manager-only function unless the store allows for a Maximum Salesperson Discount in POS Settings.
By default, this option is restricted to managers only. However, if you’d like salespeople to be able to perform a discount off an entire invoice, read about the settings to change below.
- Log in using a manager account or use the Manager Override.
2. Select Actions > Other Discount to offer a discount off the entire invoice.
3. Choose whether the discount is a dollar discount or a percent discount.
4. Using the keypad, enter the discount and press Enter.
5. The discount will appear under Discounts at the bottom of the invoice.
Enabling a Salesperson Discount
If you wish to allow your salesperson to discount up to a certain percentage off the entire invoice, you need to have Maximum Salesperson Discount enabled in the POS Settings.
- GlobalTill Administrator can enter both the percentage and dollar discount in the POS Settings at Settings > POS tab.
2. If the Maximum Salesperson Discount (Percentage) is entered, salespeople will have the ability to offer a percentage discount off the entire invoice up to the allowed percentage by following these steps.
- Selecting Actions > Other Discount
2. Selecting Discount %.
3. Enter the percentage and select Enter.
4. Salespeople will only be allowed to enter a percentage up to what is allowed in the POS Settings. If the amount is greater, a manager override will need to be performed.